St. James’s Episcopal Church, 1205 West Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23220
Download entry form and instructions from WomanKindRichmond.com.
All entries must be made using this form. Please read the instructions for labeling files carefully.
Contact Email: Laurie@HoenFineArts.com
Entry Deadline: February 5, 2020
Art Exhibit Opening: March 5, 2020
WomanKind Gathering: March 20-21, 2020
The WomanKind 2020 Art Exhibition invites you to explore Fearless Women of Faith and their impact and inspiration in the world. There are many ways this theme could be interpreted. You do not have to be a registered participant in the WomanKind Weekend to exhibit. Jurors will select work based on interpretation of theme, expressive quality of the work, and craftsmanship. We hope to include as many varied works as our space will allow and encourage artists to submit up to three pieces to the jury process.
- We are only accepting two dimensional media. This includes drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, photography, mixed media and mounted textiles.
- You may not enter work for another artist.
- All work must be original.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of three entries.
- All submissions must be made in digital form and follow all submission instructions.
- All artwork must be suitably framed to a professional standard. Wall mounted sculpture, canvas and wood panels do not require a frame. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges are permitted.
- Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging.
- A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, and Price. This information must correspond with the accepted image as listed on notification form. No artwork may be substituted. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales picked up, before the end of the exhibit.
- Artwork that differs significantly from the entry image, or suffers from poor presentation, may not be included.
Call Announcement: October 1, 2019
Final Submission Deadline: February 5, 2020 11:59 PM EST
Notification Email: February 19, 2020
Delivery Dates: Saturday, February 29 and Sunday, March 1, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Gallery Exhibition: March 5 – 21, 2020
Opening Reception: Thursday, March 5, from 6-8 PM
Pick-up/Return of Unsold Artwork: Sunday, March 22, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
ARTWORK DELIVERY AND PICK-UP:
Artists will be responsible for delivery and pickup of all their artwork. Artwork should be delivered to the Michaux House across Birch Street from the main church building. We encourage regional artists to hand deliver their work. See information below about releasing artwork to a buyer.
Shipped Work: Shipped work must be adequately packed for shipping. Any work to be shipped back to the artist must include reusable packaging and a prepaid shipping label. There is a handling cost of $25 per artist for shipped work. If the work is hand delivered and picked up at the end of the show this fee does not apply.
Work not picked up by March 31, becomes the property of WomanKind unless prior arrangements have been made with WomanKind staff. The artist forfeits any claim to the work and WomanKind and St. James’s cannot be held responsible for any method of disposal arising from forfeiture.
WomanKind and St. James’s may not be held responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking the work. Every precaution will be taken in handling the work, but WomanKind and St. James’s assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.
Artwork does not have to be for sale. If artwork is for sale, it cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit at the closing of the WomanKand gathering. WomanKind and St. James’s will not directly handle the sale of the work, but will provide a purchase request form for interested buyers to fill out. We keep the original and email a copy to both the buyer and artist so they can follow up about payment. We encourage artists to attend the opening of the exhibit to facilitate sales. No work will be released to a buyer at the end of the exhibit, without an email confirmation from the artist that they have been paid and wish to release the work directly to the buyer. WomanKind requests that artists who sell work through the exhibit consider making a donation of 20% of the sale to support future WomanKind events.
Once accepted into the exhibition, WomanKind is granted permission for reproduction of artwork for promotion and archive purposes. Entry into exhibition constitutes agreement with this understanding.
Please direct all questions to Laurie@HoenFineArts.com
With the submission of artwork into the WomanKind 2020 Exhibition, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.